Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bringin' Messy Back

After an extended hiatus (let's not bicker and argue about how hiatused who), TayVay is back! Mostly because I love television, but mostly mostly because I need practice writing. So here goes with some quick thoughts:

  • It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is the best show - hands down - you're not watching. Better than Dexter, better than The Office, better than 30 Rock, better than Mad Men (barely). It's Seinfeld for the cursing generation. Danny Devito is a weak spot, but Caitlin Olsen is vastly underrated.
  • My dad loves Two and a Half Men because, and I quote, "Charlie Sheen is really good at playing Charlie Sheen". This is like saying you like going to the dentist because "people who drill holes in my teeth are really good at drilling holes in my teeth".
  • Pushing Daisies is overrated. Prove me wrong (and show your work).
  • If you could resurrect any Star Trek series, which would it be? I was leaning toward TNG, but then I realized that Marina Sirtis' juggernaut of a career would probably keep it from happening.
  • Mad Men is very, very handsome. More on this later.
Lastly, I've invited my pal Peter to join me here at tayvay. Partly because he's a fellow lover of television, but mostly because he's a much better writer. Viva el Pedro! Let's hope he accepts.

No comments: