Sunday, April 1, 2007

War Crimes

I'm not sure how I feel about Michael Rapaport. On the one hand, he's behind one of the worst comedies on Fox this year, but on the other hand...well, I guess there is no other hand. He's a tool.

TWAH has been on for 3 years, so evidently someone, somewhere is watching it. I could call these people names, or point out that just because a show makes offensive jokes doesn't mean it's funny, or I could point out the insulting nature of laugh tracks, but I won't. Instead, I want to remind everyone that there is a market for everything and that somebody out there likes the crap you can't stand.

And there's nothing you can do about it.

No matter how bad TWAH is, it'll stick around because there is an audience for unfunny comedies. Every season there's about 10% decent shows and 90% schlock. Sometimes, the schlock gets cancelled immediately. But more often, it festers as the network struggles to find Replacement Schlock. But when it finally goes, someone gets pissed. I suppose this is the motivating factor in keeping shows like King of the Hill on the air (sidenote: HOW IS THIS STILL ON THE AIR!?!?!).

But seriously Fox, what are you thinking? Normally, every show has a fan club or a following. TWAH has a myspace page and 1350 friends. Let me break this down for you check writing style: Thirteen hundred fifty and n0/100 friends. To put that in perspective, Til Death has about 9500 friends. The market has spoken. Kill it.

No comments: